Grinding machines produce flat, cylindrical, and other surfaces through high-speed rotating abrasive wheels. Grinding is a means of giving a more accurate finish to a part already machined but is also a machining process in its own right. The main types of machine are the ‘surface grinding machine’ for flat surfaces; and the ‘cylindrical grinding machine’ for cylindrical surfaces. More complex shapes are produced by shaped wheels called ‘contour grinding wheels’. ‘Bench’ and ‘pedestal’ grinders are used for tool sharpening, etc.
A grinding machine, often shortened to grinder, is one of the power tools or machine tools used for grinding, it is a type of machining using an abrasive wheel as the cutting tool. Each grain of abrasive on the wheel's surface cuts a small chip from the workpiece via shear deformation.
Grinding is used to finish workpieces that must show high surface quality (e.g., low surface roughness) and high accuracy of shape and dimension. As the accuracy in dimensions in grinding is of the order of 0.000025 mm, in most applications, it tends to be a finishing operation and removes comparatively little metal, about 0.25 to 0.50 mm depth. However, there are some roughing applications in which grinding removes high volumes of metal quite rapidly. Thus, grinding is a diverse field.
Grinding machines usually need to be equipped with specialized personnel to be responsible for maintenance and repairs. At the same time, the grinders must be regularly inspected to ensure that the machine tool is in good working condition.
1. When the operation of the machine tool is completed, it should be wiped clean and oiled for maintenance everywhere on the machine parts, especially the sliding parts.
2. Always clean the grinding waste from all parts of the grinder.
3. For the important joint parts of the machine tool, anti-rust oil should be applied.
Matters needing attention after using grinder:
1. Before carrying out the grinding operation, the balance of the grinding wheel should be corrected.
2. The principle of selecting a grinding wheel during operation should choose the most suitable grinding wheel with different workpiece materials and hardness.
3. A thin oil film should be applied to the spindle end of the grinding machine and the flange of the grinding wheel to prevent the generation of rust.
4. Pay attention to the direction of rotation of the spindle.
5. It is forbidden to use air guns and air guns to clean the workpieces and machines.
6. Before the operation, check whether the oil window and oil path of the grinder is smooth.
7. The vacuum box and filter steel need to be cleaned once a week.
8. If the suction power of the grinder is too weak, it is necessary to check whether there is clogging in the dust suction pipe.
9. The dust suction pipe should be cleaned from time to time, otherwise, it will easily cause burning when there is too much dust
If you want to receive more instant messages of grinding machines, please contact us now!